There can be no exhaustive list presented on this website that will make journalists aware of all the issues they might face in the field. The more in-depth explanation pages are chosen because of the prevalence of these issues in the day-to-day operations of a student journalist. Please use the below links for further research and information as potential problems arise.
- North Carolina Media Law Summary
- North Carolina Open Meetings Law Q&A
- North Carolina Recording Law
- North Carolina Shield Law Information
- Freedom of Information Act
- North Carolina Public Records Statute
- North Carolina Public Record Request Sample Letter
Information in this guide is based on general principles of law and is intended for information purposes only; we make no claim as to the comprehensiveness or accuracy of the information. It is not offered for the purpose of providing individualized legal advice. Use of this guide does not create an attorney-client or any other relationship between the user and Carolina Week, the School of Media and Journalism or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.